Secca Therapy is an innovative treatment option for patients suffering from BCD (bowel control disorder). Secca does not utilize implants, incisions or stitches and takes approximately 60 minutes in an outpatient setting. Secca is for patients who have failed to respond to first-line therapies, and would like to avoid invasive surgery or a foreign body implantation.
- Radiofrequency (RF) energy is delivered to the muscle of the anal canal
- Multi-level treatment improves structure of the underlying muscle
- Anal sphincter function is significantly improved
Secca Therapy And The Healing Power Of RF Energy
RF energy is an energy waveform which is used in many medical specialties for treating different kinds of tissue.
- Cardiologists use RF to stop dangerous heart rhythms
- Urologists use RF for treating prostate enlargement
- Ear, nose, and throat specialists use RF to eliminate snoring and sleep apnea
- RF is used in cosmetic procedures for body contouring, skin rejuvenation and tightening
The Secca system delivers RF energy to the internal anal sphincter muscle, which remodels and improves the structure of the muscle, resulting in improved sphincter function. Secca treats the underlying problem that may cause bowel incontinence, a weak sphincter muscle, without surgery. Because Secca doesn’t involve surgery, or introduce foreign substances, it can be utilized in a variety of patient groups and doesn’t preclude other treatment options.